mercoledì 24 febbraio 2010

BEAT - Interview with TOMMASO GALLINA

ONVIS interviews Tommaso Gallina introducing 'beat'.




Tommaso Gallina is a young designer who is one of the creative talents who joined the ONVIS TEAM, sharing the space at the 'chicken farm'. Tommaso not only works with ONVIS but has his own client base and works extensively with international design agencies. Chicken farm studio produces fruitful exchanges and synergies, the creative inspiration that has created the limited edition collection of selvage sneakers ... and much more...








How 'beat' was born?

'beat' was born from the desire of designing projects, let's say ... in an independent and complete way. Not just pure design, but research of new fabrics and materials ... coordinating production ideas and offering a variety of technical solutions in different fields.

Basically ... the products are seen through the "idea stage", to prototypes, then supervised and coordinated until they go to market.

An exchange between different environments is important and to create it ... in my opinion, moving between many fields helps building ideas.

What does “beat” mean?

'beat' like 'BEAT GENERATION', which is a term used to describe a group of American writers who came to prominence in the 1950s (Kerouac, Corso, Ginsberg).

But .. 'beat' like 'heart beat' as well, the first sound which every human being uses to communicate that he/she is alive.

Why is 'follow the read beat' your pay off?

It comes from the assonance between "follow the read beat" and "follow the rabbit". 'Alice in wonderland' follows the rabbit. On the other hand it's a way to say to people to follow my projects and maybe find their "wonderland".




Where does inspiration comes from?

Everywhere.

Choose three adjectives to describe you.

Undefined, undefined, and maybe .. undefined.




A dream

To be able to understand my dreams.

An invention that is needed?

I've always desired to have a machine to record my dreams and be able to see them again.

What do you do in your spare time?

I listen to music, I draw, I travel.






































What do you like of yourself?

A lots of things but I often change my mind.

What would you change?

A lots of things but I often change my mind.

Three songs

When you see her for the first time... which kind of shoes is she wearing?

She has no shoes ...

A cocktail.

Two is better!


Complete these sentences:

- High heels ... BLACKS AND SHINING, THE PERFECT MATCH FOR 'BONDAGE'
- Aperitif ... NOT FOR ME!
- Never say ... 'NOT ME' AHAH!
- Full tank, got cigarettes ... and ... I FORGOT MY GPS
- Luck ... YES
- Music ... AS WELL
- Under a marvellous sky ... I THINK OF HER BEATIFUL EYES
- My father ... HE'S SILENT
- Looking at the mirror ... WE ARE TWO PEOPLE







Thanks Tommy!
ONVIS TEAM

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento